Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome

Welcome, friends.  The skin is our largest organ, and it's an amazing one at that.  Think of all it does - it encases and protects our internal organs, regulates our temperature, and protects us against harmful bacteria and viruses.  It heals when cut, stretches to different lengths, withstands heat and cold, and is constantly renewing itself.  And it withstands our abuses- sunburns, smoking, exposure to chemicals, poor diet- although often, not without consequences.  Lines, spots, blotches, hollows, rashes, bumps and lumps all seem to creep up over time, and that's where I come in. 

I love what I do.  To me, dermatology is so interesting, and in the fast paced world of medicine, there is always more information, newer technology and innovative techniques.  I decided to start this blog to share knowledge and here and there, sprinkle in my two cents on life in general.  Let's have some fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment