Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dr D's favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, botox in foreheads and aquaphor with mittens; Boxes of restylane tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things!  I'm no Oprah, but I can still share some of my favorites...

My fav sunscreens: MD Solar Science - love the texture, the tint for the facial sunscreen, that it's chemical free, and that it's gentle on sensitive skin and those prone to acne/rosacea.  La Roche Posay Anthelios has a light texture and works well as a moisturizer, too.  SkinMedica's Enviromental Defense sunscreen is a perfect post-laser and procedure sunscreen. 

My fave face night creams: SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum is one of the best -  the Mercedes of creams.  Antioxidants and growth factors in a silky serum to help combat damage from the sun and aging.  I also love NIA 24's Intensive Recovery Complex with 5% pro-niacin to repair sun damage, brighten skin tone, and smooth fine lines.

My fave anti-aging product: Renova cream.  Available by presciption only, renova is a vitamin A cream that is applied nightly and helps improve fine lines and the texture of the skin.  With years of reseach and science behind them, vitamin A derivatives are a tried and true trick of the anti-aging trade.

My fave eye creams: Revale Eye Therapy with 1% CoffeBerry - a potent antioxidant.  The caffeine in it helps to tighten and reduce puffiness, too.  SkinMedica's Illuminating Eye Cream is great for rejuvinating the underye area.

My fave fillers: with so many options, it's hard to decide!  I love Restylane and Juvederm for lips, parentheses lines around the mouth (nasolabial folds), and hollows under the eyes; Perlane and Radiesse for cheekbones and "marionette lines" (lost volume under the corners of the lips and jaw); Sculptra for overall thin and hollowed faces; Radiesse and Sculptra for hand rejuvination; and Sculptra for wrinkled chests.  All of above fillers are only FDA approved to treat nasolabial folds.

Botox and Dysport are like your kids - they are a bit different but you still love them equally.  I use them both and think each is very effective and safe for wrinkles caused by movement.

Finally, lasers: Fraxel Dual Re:Store is amazing for brown spots and sun damage, and stimulates collagen growth.  Intense Pulsed Light treatments treats brown spots as well as blood vessels from sun and conditions like rosacea.  The Active FX/Deep FX laser dramatically improves sun damaged, wrinkled skin as well as texture and pigment irregularities.  Thermage uses radiofrequency to tighten loose skin and stimulate collagen.

When the kids cry, when the food burns, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember to put on my creams, and then I don't feel so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment