Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pretty Boys

I saw an attractive man in his 30's in my office yesterday.  After performing his full body skin exam to check his moles, I asked him if there was anything else I could help him with.  He pointed to his forehead and said, "Well, I really hate these lines on my forhead."  I explained to him that those could easily be improved with either Dysport or Botox.  With genuine shock he exclaimed, "Botox?!  Isn't that for chicks?"

Actually, no.  According to a recent report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons revealed that men underwent more than 1.1 million cosmetic procedures, including both minimally invasive and surgical procedures, up 2% from 2009.  There are many reasons for this increase.  First, a practical reason: with the downturn in the economy and recent job losses have forced many to search for new positions, and men want (and maybe need?) to appear younger, fresher, and brighter to stay competitive.  And second, men are realizing what their female counterparts have known for years: that small, non-invasive changes, like Botox/Dysport, fillers, peels, and lasers, can make a BIG difference in how you look and feel.

Eating a healthy diet, exercising, safe sun practices, and a great dermatologist: the keys to the fountain of youth for both women and men!

No comments:

Post a Comment